We’re seeking a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees
Treasurer Vacancy – member of the Trustee Board
This is an unwaged position. Love Leeds Parks is a young organisation that is going through a period of development. There is a strong trustee board with a wealth of experience. This position offers a chance to be part of this journey, sharing your skills and gaining experience of operating at a Board level.
The Board meets typically monthly for 1-2 hours. Meetings are at 5pm, and mainly are online, with maybe quarterly in person, often in Kirkstall. Occasionally there is a planning meeting at a weekend. Some subgroup/officer meetings may need input from the treasurer.
This post may suit a recently qualified accountant or a strong trainee, in both cases some mentoring by a senior colleague in their company could be useful.
At present Love Leeds Parks has a three year (started late 2022) £250k National Lottery heritage Fund project, some online and charitable trust fundraising and some small grants towards community projects. Payroll is contracted to Voluntary Action Leeds. Public donations are handled by CAFonline and additionally by SpaceHive. The volume of transactions is relatively low.
- Ensuring that income is acknowledged and allocated to the correct heading.
- Expenditure has been properly incurred, payments are made and similarly allocated and cashflow maintained, the timely submission of grant claims and funding bids.
- Providing the trustee board with a quarterly report on the accounts including a projection for the year ahead (rolling management accounts).
- Supporting the CEO as required with budget tracking and financial returns to the Heritage Fund.
- Producing the annual accounts (or potentially contracting this to West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service).
- Working with the CEO and some trustees to produce a fundraising plan.
- Contributing to the development of financial strategies and policies.
- Advising the Board of regulation and tax implications as the turnover grows.
Personal qualities: Passion and commitment; communication and interpersonal skills; analytical skills; ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
Desirable: Experience of charity finance and governance, fundraising and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees OR willingness to learn.
Closing date: 14th July 2023
Apply by CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a discussion, please contact email@example.com