Signs of Spring Photo Competition
Keen photographers in Leeds are being encouraged to get out into their local parks, woods and green spaces to capture the signs of Spring for the “Signs of Spring” photo competition.
Casey Morrison, Love Leeds Park chair said: “Spring is the perfect time of year to explore your local green space. We are looking to inspire people to capture an image which depicts this time of year. We particularly want photos which show the different aspects of a Leeds local park or green space. Whether it’s a river, stream, woodland or greenery, we hope to encourage people to go outside, explore and use their imagination to cap share the joy of this beautiful season.”
To enter the competition all you have to do it to take a photo in a Leeds park or green space which depicts a sign of spring, then post it to your Instagram or Twitter account, tagging @LoveLeedsParks in the caption and using the hashtag #SignsofSpringLeeds. Make sure your account is public and that you are following @LoveLeedsParks, and give the terms and conditions a read before you enter.
Judges will select the top 3 photos from all the entries, and the overall winner will be voted for by the public on social media. The winner will receive a Love Leeds Parks insulated water bottle alongside other LLP merchandise.
The competition runs from the 9th March to 29th April. We look forward to seeing your photos!
Please note this competition is now closed.
Terms and conditions:
- The title of the Love Leeds Parks spring photographic competition 2022 is “Signs of Spring” and the theme is open to your personal interpretation.
- You must be aged 18 or over; If you are not, you must have the permission of your parent or guardian to participate in this promotion. By participating, you confirm that you have obtained such permission.
- To be entered you must have an active, public Twitter or Instagram account. To enter you have to follow @LoveLeedsParks on Instagram or Twitter, post your photo on your account, tag @LoveLeedsParks in your caption and use the hashtag #SignsOfSpringLeeds.
- All photographs MUST be taken in one of Leeds major or community parks or green spaces and you must indicate when and where the photograph was taken.
- You can enter as many times as you like.
- You are not permitted to enter if you are a member of Love Leeds Parks or their direct family member or agent, or if you are otherwise associated with this competition.
- You must agree to and comply with these terms and conditions; if you do not agree and/or comply you will not be eligible to participate and will be disqualified.
- An image will be rejected if in the opinion of the judges it appears that the image has been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached; protected species or habitats have been compromised; or the image has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- All photos must be taken responsibly and entrants must not cause injury or do anything to distress any animal or damage its habitat, either deliberately or inadvertently, whilst trying to take a photograph.
- Photographs entered must be taken within the Leeds Metropolitan boundary.
- All Entrants agree that their photos posted publicly are allowed to be used by Love Leeds Parks for promotional purposes.
- The winner will be contacted by Instagram or Twitter via direct message.
- The winner will be asked to confirm their Instagram handle, full name, age, email address to claim the prize. We reserve the right to disqualify you from the competition if you are unable to provide such details.
- We will post out the prize within 10 days of receiving your contact information.
- The name of the winner will be made available upon request for 2 months after the Closing Date. Please write to the address below for these details.
- Disqualification – We reserve the right to refuse to award the Prize or disqualify an entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained unfair advantage in participating in this promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- Changes to the promotion – We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition details at any stage where we deem it necessary and/or there are circumstances outside our reasonable control which affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion but we will always endeavour to avoid this disappointment.
- Digital photography does allow for some image enhancement, therefore, Love Leeds Parks and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated to alter its authenticity.
- The competition is open to UK residents only (including residents of the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and they must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs. Entrants must have obtained the permission of any people featured in their photographs or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are included.
- Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs they submit to the Love Leeds Parks competition. However, by entering the competition, all entrants grant Love Leeds Parks the rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on websites or in any other media in perpetuity. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses.
- While every effort will be made to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every broadcast use of the photographs will include the photographers’ names.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Love Leeds Parks reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Love Leeds Parks has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules, acted fraudulently in any way or brings Love Leeds Parks into disrepute.
- Love Leeds Parks reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Love Leeds Parks reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- By entering this competition you agree that we may hold and use your personal data (including your Instagram/ Twitter handle, name, date of birth, email address) for the purpose of administering the competition.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
- All photographs will be judged on the following criteria: composition, technical ability, originality, public appeal, fulfilment of the theme.
- Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity.
- Winners agree we may disclose your name and country of residence to other entrants of this competition. You also agree that we may use your name, social media handle and other information which identifies you for promotional purposes.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. By entering this competition you agree to release Instagram of any liability caused in respect of this competition.
- We exclude any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury occurring to you or any third party arising from your entry into the promotion or arising from your acceptance and use of competition.
- The competition closes at 10am on Friday 29th April 2022. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Love Leeds Parks.