Launch of First Love Leeds Parks Festival
We are proud to launch the first Love Leeds Parks Festival – a chance to celebrate the many benefits of parks and green spaces in Leeds!
The Love Leeds Parks Festival will take place online and in parks between the 8th and 16th August and will be the culmination of our Give a Little Back to Local Parks and Green Spaces campaign.
It will include five core days of online events, each with a different theme highlighting the importance of parks to our daily lives; nature, sports, discussion, heritage and play.
A roadshow will accompany the Festival, with a stall with merchandise and engagement activities being located in different parks throughout the nine day period.
We will be visiting the following parks:
Saturday and Sunday (8th and 9th): Temple Newsam
Monday (10th): Golden Acre Park
Tuesday (11th): Woodhouse Moor
Wednesday (12th): Meanwood Park
Thursday (13th): Middleton Park
Friday (14th): Roundhay Park
Saturday and Sunday (15th and 16th): The Arium
Come down for a chat about parks, and for a chance to win some of our merchandise. The stall will be set up between 11am and 3pm each day. More information about how to get involved in the events on each day will be on our website and Facebook page (@LoveLeedsParks) during the Festival.
To donate to our Give a Little Back campaign go to: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1017116&campaignId=8389&stop_mobi=yes. All donations fund our community grants programme which provides small grants to people passionate about improving parks.
Love Leeds Parks Festival line up:
Nature Monday (10th):
- Minibeast and Scavenger hunt activity as well as wildlife quiz and Q&A with Leeds Uni Conservation Volunteers
Sports Tuesday (11th):
- Mini Olympics and
- At home Tai Chi in partnership with Active Leeds’ Youtube Channel
- Interview with a Woodhouse Moor parkrunner
Discussion Wednesday (12th):
- LITTER in LEEDS PARKS – why does it happen and can we stop it?
Heritage Thursday (13th):
- Sugarwell Hill Walk and History of Leeds Parks talk and heritage photo archive and poster exhibition in partnership with the University of Leeds
Play Friday (14th):
- Teddy Bears Picnic in your local park and bear themed picnic games